Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

This made my day! Jill at Cruz'n In First nominated me for the Liebster Blog Award!! How fun is that?!

The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers by established bloggers (less than 200followers), in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs. The rules are:
  • You must post 11 random things about yourself.
  • Answer the questions that the nominators set for you.
  • Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
  • Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
  • No tag back, (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so that I can learn more about you!)
Here is my randomness...
11 Random Things About Rhiannon
  1. I began gymnastics after watching Mary Lou Retton take the gold in the 1984 Olympics.
  2. I wanted to train for the Olympics with Bela Karolyi, but changed my mind when I found out he didn't let his gymnasts eat pizza!
  3. I have a cat named Sparkie the Wondercat.
  4. I wanted to be a pharmacist from age 5 till my sophomore year in college.
  5. I didn't reach 5 feet tall until I was in college.
    6. My big purchase my first year teaching was a new car.
    7. I have been to Disney World every year for the past 3 years and am going again in April.
    8. I used to be painfully shy!
    9. I was on NBC Chicago news talking to the former general manager of the Cubs.
    10. The Cubs came to my school in 2007 after my kids wrote them a letter... And thanks to a good word from Len Kasper, the Cubs play by play man!
    11. I really want to go to Hawaii and just relax on the beach!

11 Questions from Jill
  1. How long have you been a teacher? 9 years this year
  2. What was your best purchase from TPT? the Common Core posters from Deanna Jump
  3. How do you celebrate Christmas in your classroom in one or two sentences? We write letters to Santa and he writes back! We learn about Christmas, Hanukkah, and Kwanzaa. I want to make recipes from around the world, but haven't been brave enough yet!
  4. How did you discover the blogging world?  I had to make a blog for one of my classes at BSU, but then Jill started her blog and I jumped back in!
  5. What is your favorite read aloud? tie- Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus/ Skippyjonjones
  6. What are you wishing for this Christmas-money is no object?
  7. How do you incorporate learning goals into your day?  I introduce the goal at the beginning of the lesson and have kids rate themselves 1-4... then we go back and check at the end of the lesson and on subsequent lessons.
  8. What is your favorite treat to order from Dairy Queen?  Peanut butter cup Blizzard made with chocolate ice cream
  9. Do you wear heels, flats, boots, or other in the classroom?  All 3- I try to be quite the fashionista.  Plus, I am only 5 feet tall!!!  I need heels!
  10. What is your favorite song to listen to when you are sad?  ...when you are happy?
  11. What was the best field trip you ever went on or planned? to see Polar Express at the movie theater- in our pajamas!
Here are the Blogs I Nominated
Ok... here is the problem.  I just started my blog and I don't know anyone besides Jill that I could nominate!  If you have less than 200 followers and you are checking out my page, comment and leave me a link to your page!  I want to nominate people, too!!!

I'm gonna be on the lookout for some new friends to follow... I love a new mission!












No comments:

Post a Comment