Sunday, October 28, 2012

New Button and Link to Tutorial

Well, luckily I only have two faithful followers, one of whom was nice enough to try to grab my button.  Alas, it did not work!  Of course I couldn't just leave it until morning.  Nope... had to fix it tonight!  Went back to the drawing board because I guess it was easier to have a square design (and I was willing to try anything to make it easier), signed up for Photobucket, and started coding.  Wow.  This website stuff is hard!  I found a great website with a tutorial that helped a newbie like me.  Thought I'd share!

http://snapcreativity.com/how-to-make-a-blog-button-with-grab-box/
Kendra at Key Lime Digital Designs is a genius!  Go visit her site if you want to make a button!

The one thing I kept doing wrong on Photobucket was copying the link instead of the html code for my picture.  Once I figured that out (only took me an additional hour and wanting to throw my computer out the window), I was golden!

Anyway, I hope that this helps someone else.  Hours of my life that I can't get back... haha.  The satisfaction of knowing I learned something new makes it (almost) worth it.

So I said luckily I only have 2 followers because hopefully only Jill tried to capture my old broken button.  Someone please reward my hard work and capture away... did I say please?  Did I mention how hard I worked? :)  Ok, off to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your tutorial! I changed my button, too!!! Please be sure to change it on your blog. I love reading your posts, makes me giggle because we think so much alike!

    Cruz'n in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your button is so cute!!! And thanks for the sweet comment and link back!

    ReplyDelete