Thursday, October 25, 2012

First blog... sliding headfirst into it!

Hola fellow bloggers!
After some inspiration from my coworker Jill, I've decided to give this blogging thing a whirl.  I've had some experience blogging for some of my BSU classes in the past, but I basically blogged what I needed to blog and didn't look back. :(  I see now that this is a great way to share ideas and celebrate success!  My first grade friends make me so proud every day and I can't wait to share what we are doing and learn from all the other teacher/bloggers out there!  :)

Ok, now that I've got the layout and some basics down, I'm going to go enjoy the beginning of my fall break with some World Series baseball.  The Sliding Into First blog title is definitely a baseball reference... my classroom is a mini Wrigley Field!  Surprise, surprise, they are NOT in the WS, but I am having fun cheering on the Giants, especially since they knocked out the Cardinals.  Anyway, I'm always trying to get my baseball theme into lessons and classroom decor when I can, so if anyone has ideas out there, I'm all ears!  

2 comments:

  1. Yippee! We can navigate through this new blogger world together. So glad to have you on my "team"...get the sports reference? ;). xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO get the reference! It is definitely more fun to do this together. I'm gonna try to add some more fun stuff today before I tackle some paper grading. Weee for fall break! :)

    ReplyDelete