Saturday, February 2, 2013

We did it! Yay Scholastic!!!

Woohoo!  I am on my way out the door for one of my bestie's birthdays, but I had to share this:



Wow, do I love Scholastic!  By combining my January and February book orders, I managed to spend just enough to earn what seems like a million bonus points! My class and I made a wish list of some books we wanted to add to our library for the kids to bookshop from.  I have the best problem this year- lots of high readers and a class full of kids who LOVE to read!  If you read my previous post from last week on the subject, I'm looking to expand my library so that there are more higher level nonfiction and picture books, not just chapter books.  We're working on writing about our reading and reading with our buddies, and chapter books make that a little difficult in first grade.

So between the amazing parents and a little shopping for my niece's birthday to push us over the edge, we did it... 5,030 bonus points earned on this order and 5,340 spent (had some in the bank amazingly)!  I'm excited to put some of the kids' favorite picture books in their personal shopping library.  They adore Piggie and Elephant books, but I didn't have many in the library- problem solved!  I also added a Pigeon pack, which I can already see kids fighting over!  It also excites me that I have kiddos ready to read Knuffle Bunny all on their own!  It will also be easier for me to read what they write about their reading when they are checking out books I am familiar with and love.

Some other titles my class picked:
Magic School Bus Readers
National Geographic Kids Readers
Daisy Dawson
Roscoe Riley
Black Lagoon
Miss Nelson Pack
LEGO Readers
Flat Stanley
Horrible Harry
Pink-, Purple-, Silver-, and Goldilicious
Froggy
Kevin Henkes Pack
Fly Guy

I have to share this... it's my favorite part of my order because it looks like I got more free than I bought.  Actually, that is probably true with Scholastic being as awesome as it is, but when you look at just this catalog, it really stands out because the purchases came on other catalogs, but I chose a lot of free books from this one:

I am home by myself and doing a happy dance and had to share!  Only teachers would understand how excited I am to be getting so many books for my favorite first grade readers to devour.  They are going to be so excited when I show them the order!!!!

Well, I'm off to shop for myself now.  I honestly don't know if I could possibly have more fun than I just did.  Ha!  Enjoy your weekend everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment