Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lists, Letters, and Cards... the Sequel!

So I've been pondering how to keep the enthusiasm rolling after break with the lists, letters, and cards.  Obviously I will have to move on to other things, but I want to have the resources there for the kids to continue this form of writing if they choose.  It's such a great way to show kids that writing is useful and is a fun form of communication.  Even at age 32 with all the texting and emails, it's still so fun to get "snail" mail!  I have tried to keep up with demand in the past with cards from the Target dollar spot and with parent donations, but the cards disappear so fast!  Plus, in order to make these cards more kid-friendly, I had to run them through the printer to put handwriting lines on them.  I couldn't put more than one in at a time, and that was so time consuming!  Here is my solution...






These are just a few of the samples that I created using my Fonts 4 Teachers and Scrappin' Doodles clip art.  If I print the pages back to back on cardstock, or even just on some thicker white paper, once I cut them in half and fold them, they'll be just like the little Dollar Spot greeting cards!  I'm so excited to print these out and see what the kids do.  I have a feeling there will be lots of cards floating around the room, which means that there will be a ton of writing going on!

If you like these, check out my TpT page... they will be up some time tonight or tomorrow.  Can't be late for my Zumba class!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment